How to Install a Throttle Cable into a Koso Slide Carburetor
This guide will instruct you on how to install a throttle cable into a Koso slide carburetor. This carburetor requires a different style throttle cable than is normally found on a stock buggy. You can purchase the correct throttle cable for the Koso carburetor from Buggy Parts NW by clicking this link.
Philips Screwdriver or metric Allen wrench.
(Note: In the images in this tutorial, we have replaced the philips-head screws with socket head screws for easier access and removal. You can purchase these screws for your carburetor here.)
Installing the Throttle Cable
1. Remove the black piece covering the brass fitting at the top of the carburetor.
2. Remove the two screws holding the top plate on the carburetor.
3. Gently remove the top plate and lift out spring and slide assembly. Be careful to not tear the gasket between the carburetor body and top plate.
4. Slide the black piece you removed in step 1 over the small end of the throttle cable end and move it up onto the black portion of the cable.
5. Insert the small end of the throttle cable through the brass fitting in the top plate.
6. Hold the top plate and spring assembly in one hand. Compress the spring to allow the cable end to extend through the plastic piece at the end of the spring.
7. Insert the cable end into the aluminum slide piece and hook it into the small circular groove.
8. Release your grip on the spring and allow the spring and plastic piece to lock the cable in place inside the slide. Then insert the whole slide/spring/cable/top plate assembly into the carburetor.
9. Attach the top plate and tighten the screws.
10. Push the black piece from Step 1 down over the cable and brass fitting and twist it until it covers the base of the brass fitting.
11. Your throttle cable is now installed!
Entire article contents copyright 2009 Buggy Parts NW